The Oakdale Joint Unified University District declared all college web-sites in just the district, like secondary campuses, will open Wednesday, Aug. 4 with modified COVID-19 protocols.
In accordance to new OJUSD Superintendent Dave Kline, masks will be needed in the classroom setting.
In a letter posted on the district web site, it states:
“CDPH (California Division of Community Wellness) mentioned at first that if pupils were not likely to dress in a mask, they would be excluded. That was a blunder and almost certainly started out some of the misperceptions that are now having put. CDPH also implied that mask enforcement would be up to the Districts. That is also false. Listed here are the details:
1. All who are in a classroom placing, no matter of vaccination position, ought to have on a mask. That has allowed the schools to not have to address the 3’ rule in classroom options (last year, throughout the final three months of university, we did have college students outside for the reason that we could not retain the 3’ rule).
2. If a scholar does not want to put on a mask, they can put on a defend with a drape.
3. Masks are optional outside.
4. Learners who refuse to put on a mask will be presented an alternative setting (Independent Study). For TK-6 students, we will have are living streaming with a grade-degree acceptable instructor in the District. For 7-12, we will have Edgenuity, with weekly check-ins with the college students. With both of those courses, participation conditions will be applied to establish if the pupil really should go on with this sort of a plan. They will not be excluded.”
The entirety of the OJUSD College Opening Strategy 2021-2022 is out there on the OJUSD web page.
The district is relying on moms and dads, staff members and pupils to self-consider for indications right before coming to university every single working day.
Learners should really keep residence if they have the following symptoms:
· Fever (temperature more than 100.4° F) devoid of acquiring taken any fever-reducing medicines
· Decline of odor or style
· Muscle aches
· Sore throat
· Congestion or a runny nose
· Shortness of breath
· Gastrointestinal signs and symptoms this sort of as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or reduction of urge for food in the last number of days
· Have you, or anyone you have been in shut speak to with, been identified with COVID19 or positioned in quarantine for achievable exposure to COVID-19 within just the past two months?
· Have you been questioned to isolate or quarantine by a clinical qualified or a regional general public overall health formal in the past two months?
Physical distancing will not be expected, ventilation will be optimized, and college students and staff should stay residence if enduring signs typical to COVID-19.